MAY YOUR HEART OPEN...
• BINET-PAPILLON, a story born from the meeting of the house of Binet with the house of Papillon rouge.
• BINET: a family of perfumers in the 17th century.
The Binet family served the kings of France. As the wigmaker of the French king Louis the 14th, Benoît Binet was one of the few people who could enter the king's bedroom and approach Louis XIV, king of France. He is the inventor of wigs, his famous "binettes", hence the expression still used today: "to have a funny binette" which means to have a strange hairstyle and by extension a funny head.
Benoit Binet's shop was located on rue des Petits-Champs, a stone's throw from the current BINET-PAPILLON showroom, located in the emblematic Galerie Vivienne; Sylvestre Binet's perfumery at 127 rue Saint-Honoré in Paris.
• PAPILLON ROUGE: an independent perfume house, created 15 years ago, aiming to be respectful of nature with a research & development of long-lasting perfumes reinventing the iconic raw materials of the 17th century and using as few synthetic molecules as possible.
Born in Paris, Virginie Choné, the founder, was introduced to the magic of scents every summer during her childhood in her grandfather's aromatic garden in Lacoste in the South of France. Twenty years later, she joined Guerlain as Marketing Director for France and never left the world of perfumery. Today, she works four-handed in her own independent perfume house as perfumer-architect with Jean Sauvage, the "in-house nose".
• BINET-PAPILLON: a merger operated during the confinement, our brand proposes an ethic, an aesthetic, a modernized concept of the traditional French high perfumery with an eco-responsible vision.
Binet Papillon uses the most noble and pure materials, expressed and revealed in a certified organic wheat alcohol (our compositions are more than 90% natural / 84% organic and cruelty free). The elaboration and the assembly of our olfactory compositions are made in Grasse, the absolute reference in perfumery since the 17th century.
The iconography of the bottles is taken from the Paris of the 17th and 18th centuries. The olfactory compositions seek to reinterpret iconic raw materials of fine perfumery already used at that time with new accords aimed at enliven the soul...
• BINET-PAPILLON, a single ambition: "May your heart open". All BINET-PAPILLON creations seek to obey Louis XIV's famous phrase, which is in itself a hymn to perfumery: "Do me the grace that your heart open".
BINET-PAPILLON fragrances are authentic, distinctive and long-lasting, providing a true olfactory signature to the wearer. In the words of its creator: "a perfume must scratch the soul, invigorate it, awaken it, reveal it, and even dress it in some cases". According to Virginie, perfume creates a pure emotion that reveals and enhances your intimate nature. It is a whole, a subtle balance that conquers your soul.
Her signature scent: N•1 | Alkemist Pepper
The fragrance she is most proud of: N•7 | Rose impolie
The fragrance she is currently wearing: N•10 | Malt Night-Fighter
• BINET-PAPILLON welcomes you in its Parisian boudoir Galerie Vivienne, Paris 2nd arrondissement, at the entrance of the East wing, which leads to the Place des Victoire via the Place des Petits Pères and the improbable and nevertheless very Parisian Rue du Vide-Gousset, every afternoon from Tuesday to Saturday to make you discover these unique no gender perfumes, this wonder of your senses... hoping "that your heart will open"...
Our customers are perfume lovers looking for quality and rarity rather than the big French luxury brand perfumes that everyone can easily get.
• BINET-PAPILLON: a Collection of 14 original and uncompromising mixed fragrances, the secret of a signed and confidential perfumery that you will undoubtedly want to keep to yourself!